Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The Ketchup Bottle Effect


One of the descriptive words for “trouble” is the word pressure.  I am a visual type person and relate easily to illustrations; and I have repeatedly seen or experienced things which perfectly illustrate pressure as it relates to trouble.  Okay, there you have it, the topic, and one with which we are all familiar; I’ll share one hilarious experience that illustrates physical pressure at least.

 

I was among people sitting at a table in a public cafeteria (remember those?) and noticed a group crowd into a booth over against a wall – even three on a side.  After a few minutes I saw a young lady seated in the middle pick up a ketchup bottle to remove the cap.  BAM! Not only did she and the people in the booth get a generous serving of ketchup but as I sat some distance away and on the far side of our table have some to accessorize my outfit!

 

Evidently, as was the custom in many restaurants, the ketchup bottles were heated in cleansing and used for additional ketchup.  I’m speaking of them being over-filled and pressure building from heat.

 

I know - a strange example - but I do have a couple of points to make.  Have you ever experienced problems that stressed you until you said things like, “I feel like I am just going to explode,” or “I just don’t think I can stand the pressure?”  Sure, people make remarks like, “If the heat is too hot get out of the kitchen.”  That usually comes from people who tend to run for escape.  When the heat seems to be turned up and the trouble seems to become too much, something has to give.  Point number 1:  When we don’t deal with trouble properly it not only affects us, but other people such as family members, friends, coworkers.  We either panic and become impulsive and make poor decisions or Point number 2:  we become passive, allowing more pressure to build.   You may think, “Well I have a problem that just can’t be dealt with.” It may be impossible to solve it on your own but there is an answer.  Trouble is becomes more complicated when we neglect the greatest source of help accessible through prayer and praise.  Prayer is the last resort for some people and praise isn’t ever considered unless there is a quick victory and an even briefer praise is given.  Before the problem grows, the pressure builds and desperation overwhelms, set the breakthrough in motion – pray for it and then praise it into manifestation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment